Dream Cast: Beatrice De Novo from A Hidden Fire

Okay folks. You did not disappoint with your nominations for the handsome Dr. Vecchio last week (which are still open and will remain so until the end of the contest, just letting you know) but now it’s time for our favorite librarian. Here’s a quick snippet from A Hidden Fire:

Despite her rather common accent, the girl’s voice held a faint quality which told him at least one of her parents was a native Spanish speaker.  Her thick, black hair was pulled into a low ponytail at the nape of her neck, and she was dressed in a black button-down shirt and slim skirt.  He smiled when he saw the tops of her tall Doc Marten boots almost touching her knees.

Hmm, more style than looks, you say? Well, here’s a bit more:

[Giovanni] smirked at her obvious look of approval, noting the small ruby piercing in her nose that caught the florescent lights of the reading room.  Her eyes were lined in black, her skin was fair, and though she did not have classically beautiful features, he thought her dramatic looks would be eye-catching even from a distance.

Vague? Well, yes! I like to let readers create their own picture in their minds, so here’s your chance. Tell me how you see Beatrice De Novo from A Hidden Fire. Remember, anyone who offers a nomination will be entered for the ARC of Elemental Mysteries # 3, The Force of Wind. And to give you a sense of her style, I included the Polyvore set I created for her, as well. Show me what you see, oh imaginative readers!

23 thoughts on “Dream Cast: Beatrice De Novo from A Hidden Fire

1. Karen says:

I always see someone that kind of resembles Christina Ricci or maybe Winona Ryder, but they’re obviously too old for B! I like this Leighton Meester that Mandy suggested, though. I just don’t know that many younger actresses. I guess I don’t pay them much attention!

2. Krista (@kgmoll) says:

Ohhh Jordana would be a good choice!!! Or what about Anna Kendrick? I could see her totally pulling off a gorgeous, sexy, librarian. Or Lyndsy Foncesca from Nikita. Lucy Hale from Pretty Liitle Liars would be a good choice from the looks of her.

3. ARedheadThing says:

A kind of “unknown” choice here, but I’d say Catalina Sandino Moreno. She was in Maria Full of Grace. She’s young enough to pull of B but I don’t think she’s too young.

4. Cageyspice says:

How about a younger Jessica Alba? One of her early TV roles (I forget the name of the show) had her dressing in a similar way.

5. Grace says:

This is so tricky, most of the actresses that spring to mind are too old. I like Odette Annable, she was in Cloverfield and House. Nina Dobrev from the Vampire Diaries is another possibility. I suck at younger actresses.

6. M&M says:

I kinda thought that Mila Kunis would be a good Beatrice. At the same time i thought Salma Hayek but she seemed too mature.
    Then for Giovanni – Hugh Jackman!!! The perfect sculpted Gio. What more does a woman want?

7. Lauren says:

I just looked up Lindsay Hartley, and she is spot-on what I imagined B to look like (almost too perfect)!! Great suggestion.

8. awsumnerual says:

I just looked up Lindsay Hartley, and she is EXACTLY what I imagined B to look like (almost too perfect a match)!! Great suggestion.

9. Gianna says:

Kristin Kreuk from the Beauty and the Beast is my B. The story and the characters bear similarities – she would portray B beautifully.